2019 Head of the American
Date: Saturday, October 26th
Teams: ALL Competitive Teams (Novice & Varsity)
Busses Board: 4:50AM from the Boathouse
Busses Depart: 5AM FIRM. All athletes should take the bus, unless the coach approves your absence from the bus.
First Boats Launch: 8AM
We need volunteers to bring food and staff the athlete tent. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/GXfjAEn
Norcal’s race entries can be found on Regatta Central: https://www.regattacentral.com/regatta/entries/?job_id=6413&org_id=1172 (Note to parents: Pay no attention to the initial line-ups. The athlete names are just placeholders.)
Regatta Packet: http://www.sacstateaquaticcenter.com/special-events/2019-head-of-the-american-regatta-packet.pdf. (Note to coxswains: There are no weigh-ins. There have been minor course changes.)
Results will be posted on Here Now: https://www.herenow.com/results/#/races
Bus Return: TBA
- Parking is $10 cash only. The lot is about a mile from our tent. There is a shuttle bus.
- Binoculars can be helpful.
- Fair warning: Park is very dusty. Shoes and pants will get dirty.
- Walkable lunch options include Starbucks, Taco Bell, McDonalds and Subway.
- There is a shopping and food truck area. Most vendors take credit cards, but if you’d like to do some shopping, bring a little spending money. There will probably be an official regatta wear stand, selling commemorative “2019 Head of the American” shirts and sweatshirts.
- At certain times of the year, this venue is riddled with caterpillars. They can cause a nasty rash. If they’re out, try to refrain from touching them.