Regatta Tips & Tricks
Here are some packing ideas for your first regatta:
- Chair or blanket (something to sit on)
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses
- Wear layers
- Comfortable sturdy shoes
- Food & water (sometimes you can buy from a food truck)
- Cash to pay for parking & entrance to Regatta
- Battery charger for your phone if you plan to stay the whole day
- Reading material
- Money for Regatta merchandise for your rowers
- Race schedule & lineup (released by the race officials a few days before race day & then coaches decide boat lineups – you might not know your rower’s race time until a day or two before the Regatta)
Bookmark these key regatta websites:
- RegattaCentral.com – Includes our entries, schedule and line-ups. Search for your regatta by name, then make sure you select the right year
- Herenow.com – includes results for each race.
What to do at a Regatta?
- Allow plenty of time to get to the venue and to park – parking is often offsite (think shuttle bus) or a long walk
- Drop off your donated food & supplies at the Norcal Crew food tent
- Pick up your name tag/button from the Parent Table
- Meet other Norcal Crew parents, watch awesome races & cheer on the team
- Volunteer in the Norcal Crew food tent
- Take lots of photos!
- Take a hike or ride a bike – some sites have great trails
- Buy your rower Regatta swag
- Read the Norcal Crew Handbook, Rowing 101 & Regatta 101 located on the Norcal Website
- Enjoy your day! Go Norcal!